A comment at the Fast Track Super Conference really got me thinking . . .
Back in September, I did a presentation at the Rent-to-Own Summit on Building Credibility. I’ve continued thinking about that and honing the talk. But the comment spurred me.
The comment suggested that presenting an air of confidence is the basis for achieving success.
A lot of things came together with that one comment, because building credibility is basically about building confidence in yourself.
He was talking to current and aspiring entrepreneurs. But the comment, I think, applies to everyone, in all facets of life.
You get ahead when you have the confidence to make a move toward getting ahead. You make a sale (even if it’s just selling yourself) when the buyer has the confidence that you can deliver what you offer. In fact, that’s probably the only way you’ll ever get a job. You make friends when people perceive you to be confident in yourself.
So, how do you build confidence? Here are a few tips I’ve come up with, gleaned from a variety of educational sources:
1. Become an expert at something, and be excited about your area of expertise. I’m not an expert in all aspects of real estate, but I’ve determined to betheexpert in rent to own in the Fraser Valley.
2. Imagine yourself already having achieved your goal, then act how you will when your achievement is realized.
3. Dress the part. Over-dressing always trumps under-dressing when dealing with another person or group of people. Plus, it just makes you feel more confident.
4. Be real; be yourself! Authenticity is essential in relating to anyone, professionally, personally, or in a co-worker relationship.
5. Be responsible! Keep your word! Develop consistency!
6. Volunteer! “Work to learn, not for money,” Robert Kiyosaki advises.
7. Practice, practice, practice! Recently, I was nervous about a contact I wanted to make because I expected rejection. But I made it anyways, primarily for the sake of building my confidence.
8. Assume the mindset, “I am a winner,” and remind yourself of that often.
I fully concur with the presenter’s view on the value of confidence. Some of us exude more confidence than others naturally. But we can all work on it.
A developing Rent 2 Own opportunity in Surrey
If you’re in Surrey, and wanting to eventually get out of the rental dead-end, this might be for you. Details are not yet finalized, but it looks like we may have a condo available for rent 2 own in the Guildford area. This is a two-bedroom unit of nearly 1000 sq. ft. in a high-rise building. Because this is part of a larger deal we are putting together, we will be able to offer it for a lower deposit or a lower rent than usual, or even both. The only down side? Unlike our standard program, you don’t get to choose from anything out there on the market; you’ve got to like this unit. But, at this price, that might not be hard. Contact us TODAY to be the first on the list for the details when they’re ready.
Quote of the Week:
Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers, you cannot be successful or happy.
– Norman Vincent Peale